Science packs tweaks

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Science packs tweaks

Post by CzBuCHi »

TL;DR
1. Swap Military science and Science pack 3 in production grid
2. Rename Science Pack 3 to Oil Science
3. Change Oil Science recipe to Lubricant, Plastic and Acid (or Lubricant, Plastic, Sulfur and Water? ) - builded in tech plant and not assembly machine
Why ?
ad 1) Military science is way easier to produce than Science pack 3 (can be builded before refinery).
ad 2,3) This will simplify learning curve - focusing on basic oil products only and not refinery + red chips

I spend absurd amount of time only on Red+Green+Military science packs (400+ hours), because i was scared of pipes (and spaghetti) ... only rescently i got tru it (no now i dont understand, why i was scared in first place ...)

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Science packs tweaks

Post by Lav »

There are a few suggestions like this.

Though I personally prefer Mechanic Pack (red), Logistics Pack (green), Military (gray), Chemical (blue) and so on.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I think one of the FFFs mentioned that the recipe tweaks for 0.17 will include some things that hopefully help to make the slope between science2 (no oil) and science3 (all oil products) less steep. Maybe by requiring some easy oil products earlier on so that you already have a few refineries when the red circuit demans starts?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

CzBuCHi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CzBuCHi »

I know they`re tweaking science - like special research, that unlock science pack (not as now, when Advanced electronics opens blue)

that why i posted this ...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”