Bake power generation into the equippable armors

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

uliko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bake power generation into the equippable armors

Post by uliko »

TL;DR
Baking power generation into the armor allows for more different armors with different bonuses.
What
There is currently very little choice when it comes to personal power generation. The solar panels are really weak and really limits what you can use while the fusion reactor is very strong but rather boring and feels thrown in given its recipe. By baking the power generation into the armor it opens up a lot of different options for new types of armors. For example you can have an armor with high power generation but low inventory bonus, an armor with a large inventory bonus but smaller armor inventory, or maybe even high resistances but penalties to movement speed. The possibilities are endless. Filling up armors with power generation items is just not very interesting and before you get the fusion reactor there's not a whole lot you can do.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bake power generation into the equippable armors

Post by Jap2.0 »

The armor is called modular for a reason - the point is to be able to customize it, not to have many varieties of it. Most of what you want can already be done simply by your choice of equipment, with the only exception of inventory size.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I admit that it would be useful if you could give an "equipment grid" power generation without having to add extra modules for it.
And the reason why I say the grid rather than the armor, is because you can use grids on vehicles too.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

This is pretty much what all the "lock equipment in place" requests are about. To be able to make a grid that has certain fixed properties, i.e. a very powerful but not expandable car generator. I still very much like that idea...
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”