[GUI] Increment / Decrement Buttons

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

thriem
Inserter
Inserter

[GUI] Increment / Decrement Buttons

Post by thriem »

I did not much of an search, since GUI / increment&decrement did end up in no or "research increment", which is not my point.
I often visualize stuff with (small) lamps, for example fluids, item-counts, battery-charge, etc... And I find myself often increment numbers by small amounts, since everything above is shotened like "24k" - and I am a man of numbers - want to know how far I am off (or whatever reason).

So, I wanted to create a logic that counts the 40 uranium needed by kovarex process and remove the 41st. To "debug" my setup, to see if this works properly, I wanted a counter with 40 lamps, each symbolized a circled uranium - so all I need to do is...
  • Open lamp GUI
  • Click on the Numbe/Integer box
  • Click into the next Number/Integer box (because to increment by 1 is not very accurate or possible above 10 using the dragbar)
  • Hit [Enter]
  • Hit [Enter]
  • Move to next lamp
and repeat...

this process could be shortened by
  • Open lamp GUI
  • Hit [Increment] or [+]
  • Hit [Enter]
  • Move on
- Since you can copy/paste very quickly among 40 lamps, you only have to change the number and not set up the entire condition.
TL;DR
Increase and decrease button to increase usability and shorten repetitive logistic settings.
What ?
I number things often, like "how many refineries i can operate with the amount of crude oil from pump jacks" ... a array of lamps indicates that i.e. that my refineries may only operate at 50% with the current output from the jacks.
Or a logistic network, where I can set how many nuclear reactors should be feed - specially if my setup produces multiple times the energy which is consumed.

So, the settings at the logistic network are
Condition : [A] > *previous* + 1.

So, I copy paste it all over the lamps, inserters or whatever, and have to go through the process of "Increasing the integer by 1". while a simmply +/- button could speed up the thing a lot.
Why ?
I assume it would by fairly fast to implement and increases the usability. We have a slider which has reasonable steps instead of being linear, but in cases we want i.e. 100 lamps represent 1% each we run into troubles set those conditions.
It would shorten the repetitive change of settings.
Attachments
Fact-REQ.jpg
Fact-REQ.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 1082 times

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”