Show arrow on train to know on which side im turning

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

boksiora
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boksiora »

When you press the left,right key while driving, just show little arrow

or even better, make the train blink left or right signal light

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Show arrow on train to know on which side im turning

Post by Tekky »

I guess this could be useful for new players, especially since the controls of the tank are very different from the controls of cars/trains when it comes to reversing.

However, for experienced players, these arrows would be rather annoying than useful. Therefore, I guess it would be best to implement this suggestion as an option (which is enabled by default).

Since trains in reality do not have a blinking indicator like a cars do, I guess it would look stupid if a train were given such an indicator. However, there should be nothing wrong with showing an arrow next to the train.

The only question I see is: Should the arrow point in the direction that you are pressing or should it point in the direction you will actually turn? I.e. will it point in the opposite direction when you are reversing? I guess it would be more meaningful to point in the direction you will actually be turning.

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mrudat »

I think the best solution for controlling a passenger train (when you're moving between one section of your factory and another) is Shuttle Train Lite. It allows you to call a passenger train (like hailing a taxi), then presents you with a list of stations (you can filter this manually and with a setting to show only certain stations, so you can limit it to passenger stations only), and it will command the train to automatically travel to that station.

For your actual request, I believe that Train Driver appears to do what you want, though I've never used it myself.

Alternatively, depending on why you're manually driving your train Fully Automated Rail Layer may be more like what you need.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

Relevant FFF#212:
Twinsen wrote:We also want to add a neat tool for advanced players. Control-clicking on any point on the locomotive's map (or any station) will add a 'Temporary stop' to it's schedule. The train will try to go as close as it can to that point, wait a few seconds and finally automatically remove the 'Temporary stop' from it's schedule. This is very useful for quick transportation. It also allows you to quickly 'hijack' an existing train and use it to get somewhere, since the 'Temporary stop' will be deleted and the train's normal schedule will be resumed.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

oh cool to know.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”