Heat map for robots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

KunibertSegensreich
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Heat map for robots

Post by KunibertSegensreich »

(In case I repeat an old idea, just delete this…)

(long intro) So. where to start? I mostly do a long play games just for the fun of building and optimizing with my own mindset of rules (almost no mods and no land modification). Nothing fancy.

Looking at my robot port I see that I have 200 build bots and about 100 are busy. Hu? Busy? With what? There is nothing to build. I have no way to find out what they do and where. And I have a region that is well covered with robo ports, no C- und U-shapes, just fine. Some items are marked for destroy, some for repair. Forever. Nothing happens.

Reading throu the forum I see discussions about idle and out-of-power bots.

I installed "kill lost bots" mod, it killed all the 100 idlers, factories then rebuild them and that region was repaired…. after that no more busy bots. As it should be.

(Content starts here!) Can I get a robot activity heat map? Different colors for busy, idle and out-of-power paths represented as a heat map?

Thank you!

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Heat map for robots

Post by Amarula »

KunibertSegensreich wrote: (Content starts here!) Can I get a robot activity heat map? Different colors for busy, idle and out-of-power paths represented as a heat map?
I missed this last week (we were away at a wedding), but yes! this would be awesome!
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

fur_and_whiskers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fur_and_whiskers »

Definitely yes please!

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

See viewtopic.php?f=66&t=62196 (implemented for 0.17).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”