Research queue in late game

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

res1stor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Research queue in late game

Post by res1stor »

TL;DR
Research queue (or auto-research) might be added as one of researchable technology

What ?
The idea is simple: add research queue as a technology. In my opinion, it should be most useful for "infinite" researches.
It can also be upgradable: higher level of technology correspond to queue size. At highest level - which should be avaliable only when all researches except "infinite" complete - "infinite" queue might be a good idea
(You can only chose branch, and all researches in branch - for example, drone speed - will be executed step by step)

Why ?
The purpose of this feature is simple - make late game more convinient. On one hand, it's refreshing "old" mechanics, and simplifies it. The decison of what should you research for now is crucial in early and mid-game, when you lack resources and production facilties, but boring in late game. In my opinion, this is like reparing objects: in the early game you do it manually, then you reach drones. Simplification, that costs resourses. I suggest same thing for research queue.

husky777
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Research queue in late game

Post by husky777 »

Nice idea!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”