Destruction

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DragonPox90210
Inserter
Inserter

Destruction

Post by DragonPox90210 »

Alright so far if you want to remove machines you just click on it to pick it up, i think it would be cooler if you required tools to remove it. Maybe they could be made like picks. Anyway if the wrong tool is used, or the random creeper attack occurs, the machine should explode causing damage to surrounding machines.

Other forms of destruction include:
-stone furnaces with a durability (becoming less efficient with over usage): this is mainly because any unused coal will stay unused until there is material to smelt (I don't mind it but it's not realistic) so when there is unused coal the furnace will cook itself using up the extra and the durability
-steam boilers that rust: This could form a challenge later when there is a massive factory dependent on electricity, it would force the player to not only upkeep their refining process but on the generator process as well.
-landscape damage: In the future hopefully farming will be implemented and if it is it would rely on the soil (grass is better than sand or dirt) and after repeated explosions (or other hazards) it can become unhealty turning into dirt or sand

so far the only destruction is when the player or creeper decides "this shouldn't be here anymore" other than that things go pretty smooth, destruction can add an element of randomness to a game "what was that noise?...Crap- my steam boiler exploded" anyhow keep up the great work :)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Destruction

Post by FreeER »

DragonPox90210 wrote:Alright so far if you want to remove machines you just click on it to pick it up, i think it would be cooler if you required tools to remove it. Maybe they could be made like picks. Anyway if the wrong tool is used, or the random creeper attack occurs, the machine should explode causing damage to surrounding machines.
I think this would add more to the game, but only if it was used on more advanced machines, or you didn't have to carry 3-4 different tools to remove each of you machines. For examble I wouldn't want one tool to dissemble a furnace, another for assembly machines and inserters, and yet another for electric poles or anything like that :)
Other forms of destruction include:
-stone furnaces with a durability (becoming less efficient with over usage): this is mainly because any unused coal will stay unused until there is material to smelt (I don't mind it but it's not realistic) so when there is unused coal the furnace will cook itself using up the extra and the durability
How is this more realistic? Furnaces are designed to take the heat that they produce, not to 'cook itself' if it's not doing anything with left over fuel. Though I agree that the coal should continue to be wasted if there is nothing in the furnace.
-landscape damage: In the future hopefully farming will be implemented and if it is it would rely on the soil (grass is better than sand or dirt) and after repeated explosions (or other hazards) it can become unhealty turning into dirt or sand
so far the only destruction is when the player or creeper decides "this shouldn't be here anymore" other than that things go pretty smooth, destruction can add an element of randomness to a game "what was that noise?...Crap- my steam boiler exploded" anyhow keep up the great work :)
I'd like this to be implemented sooner or later as well :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

I don't think I /like/ the "damaging nearby buildings" part.
Those chain reactions would be really frustrating.
Last edited by MF- on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

MF- wrote:I don't think I the "damaging nearby buildings" part.
Exactly my thought :/

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

Mysteria9 wrote:
MF- wrote:I don't think I the "damaging nearby buildings" part.
Exactly my thought :/
it's hard enough to deal with those situations where i forget to swap out my flamethrower and creepers get inside the perimiter

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Dakkanor wrote:it's hard enough to deal with those situations where i forget to swap out my flamethrower and creepers get inside the perimiter
:lol:, pay more attention then :D
I like the damage nearby building idea, as long as the damage isn't high enough to completely destroy a nearby building with more than 50% health. (hmmm I'm not sure I'd like my chests to be destroyed though...but would add strategy, ie is this building it's next to likely to blow up :))
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”