Peripheral control via Circuit Network

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Peripheral control via Circuit Network

Post by MicFac »

TL;DR
A way to control real-life (RGB-) peripherals using the Circuit Network would be very nice, if possible.

What ?
I suggest a way to control peripherals (like the color an RGB mouse glows in or which keys glow in a specific color on a keyboard) using the circuit network. This could for example be done by sending a (new type of) signal into a special combinator type that somehow interfaces with the used program for peripheral control.
As far as I know there is already Razer Chroma support for showing things like the health bar but it would be nice if support for other systems like the Logitech Gaming Software was added along with the features I am suggesting.
Why ?
I think this possibility would greatly add to the customizability that comes with the circuit network and would be a both impressive and practical addition to the game.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Peripheral control via Circuit Network

Post by nuhll »

wouldnt that be a security risk?

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

nuhll wrote:wouldnt that be a security risk?
Why?

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lav »

MicFac wrote:
Why?
Cause someone could create a circuit that generated a hypnotic pattern on user's keyboard, putting the player into a trance and leaving him with horrifying posthypnotic suggestions. :-)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Lav wrote:
MicFac wrote:
Why?
Cause someone could create a circuit that generated a hypnotic pattern on user's keyboard, putting the player into a trance and leaving him with horrifying posthypnotic suggestions. :-)
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but crafty individuals are already hypnotizing players right now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=indN4kcshB0
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

Lav wrote:
MicFac wrote:
Why?
What about using this system to punch unauthorized people in the face before they can hypnotize you? :twisted:

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”