Empty artillery shells castings

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Empty artillery shells castings

Post by nosports »

TL;DR
drop the casting of the shell when firing a canon
What ?
Drop for each fired shell a empty casting beside the train so it could eventually clogging the rail/artillery.

Why ?
as i find the aritllery very powerful and easy to handle i think you could make it a little more demanding to prevent of excess usage of it.
in the end you could salvage and smelt the casting for reuse (one copper or iron plate)

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Empty artillery shells castings

Post by Kyralessa »

It would probably help to explain what, exactly, would be fun about this idea.

(Personally, nothing comes to mind.)

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Empty artillery shells castings

Post by nosports »

Kyralessa wrote:It would probably help to explain what, exactly, would be fun about this idea.

(Personally, nothing comes to mind.)
i envision for every shot of the arillery a empty casting or cartige thats would be ejected from and could pile up beside the artillery, maybe even making the area unpassable so that you can / need to clear.
and resmelt it......

as i find the artillery very easy and beside the initial cost very cheap to use i would like to see that it would be of more demanding to use....

i made a huge storage are for shells, albeit the production is not super speedy but it slowly fills the storage and can be picked up. then i place a blueprint for a protected arty position with radar and return area.
so when i placed the PB the work is done and i send the trains to the arty position, if empty i send the train back to pickup new shells or send an other arty train.
so its fully automatically and very easy if you get the grip of that.
You don't need to be at the place you can then manage this all from map view

so i would think that a little more work of the player could be demanded when using such a powerful weapon

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”