better fuel -> faster furnace?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

better fuel -> faster furnace?

Post by Nexarius »

We already have in the game that using better fuel for example nuclear fuel gives 250% more acceleration to the trains could we change that to also give more speed if used in a furnace?

I have so much nuclear fuel that I'm using it in furnaces but they are all still the same speed which is kinda strange.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: better fuel -> faster furnace?

Post by darkfrei »

Rocket Furnace with rocket fuel?

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

No I mean for example a steel furnace with nuclear fuel and it has a 250% speed boost.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

I agree, that would be cool - I often stick with steel furnaces throughout the game, and it would be nice if there was a way to improve them late-game. Should furnaces use the acceleration modifier, top speed modifier, or something else?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Ace_W
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ace_W »

I'd use a different additive percentage. That way your not using something like the top speed/acceleration percentages. Something brand new added on would be better i think. A furnace variable. So you can run either an electric furnace heavily beaconed, or a nuclear fuel powered steel furnace. Maybe have it balance out at six beacons Plus productivity in the E-furnace, with the steel furnace losing ground due to productivity modules? (you'd still get one plate to one ore).

That way you can go with nuclear fuel in the steel furnace and get some seriously good productivity, but still want to upgrade to electric furnaces sooner or later to get module bonuses.

A side thought, should better fuel give more pollution? I think it should.
"No! This one goes there! That one goes There! Right?!"

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

While dreaming/wishing, why not allow more effects? Pollution, speed and productivity could all be legit qualities of fuel. Even if productivity isn't used in the base game it'd be a cool property for mods, say for example Coke could give a 10% productivity boost over Coal.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Wouldn't make much sense. The limitation of a furnace is generally limited not by how much fuel you burn to heat it, but by the maximum temperature the furnace will support, as well as the temperature needed to perform the desired task (such as smelting).

Also, @darkfrei: Supplying a furnace with Rocket fuel... does that make it a blast furnace? ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”