Quality of Life: Toolbelt Slot Auto-Deselect

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Quality of Life: Toolbelt Slot Auto-Deselect

Post by Durabys »

This is the problem that I could see could be easily solved:

Okay. So early to mid game, you middle-mouse click dedicate a slot in your toolbelt to specific items. Making it impossible that another item jumps in. That slot is now Reserved to that time. You lock it down with the sky-blue box.

So you are building stuff somewhere and pick a Reserved Slot item to build stuff (e.g. Small Power Poles!) and then you want to build lamps around the poles and so you click on the Reserved Slot of the Lamps...now an error occurs: You can place Powe Poles into the Reserved Slot for Lamps!

But I do not want to place the Poles there! I want the Small Poles auto-return to their own reserved slot when I click the Reserved slot for Lamps (without me needing to return them there and use more click) and immediately switch over to having Lamps in my hand.

Suggestion: When wanting to select a New Toolbelt Reserved Slot Item while you are holding another different Old Toolbelt Reserved Slot Item, you will auto-send back the Old Toolbelt Reserved Slot Item you hold into its own Reserved Slot and pick up the wanted New Toolbelt Reserved Slot Item. All done by one click on the New Toolbelt Reserved Slot.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Quality of Life: Toolbelt Slot Auto-Deselect

Post by eradicator »

I've read this before, and i'm not sure how you people do it. But this is exactly how the game already behaves. The "can't put this item here" messages only pops up if the item you're holding is not assigned to any filter slots.

*fiddle* *fiddle*

Well, in the quickbar anyway, for filtered main inventory it's actually broken...
Oh, and it's also broken if the filtered quickbar slot is empty.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Quality of Life: Toolbelt Slot Auto-Deselect

Post by Durabys »

eradicator wrote:I've read this before, and i'm not sure how you people do it. But this is exactly how the game already behaves. The "can't put this item here" messages only pops up if the item you're holding is not assigned to any filter slots.

*fiddle* *fiddle*

Well, in the quickbar anyway, for filtered main inventory it's actually broken...
Oh, and it's also broken if the filtered quickbar slot is empty.
Yeah. That's my point. :(

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”