Mods ruining long term achievement runs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

L00pHol3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mods ruining long term achievement runs

Post by L00pHol3 »

I've had a main world for quite a while now, and have had some mods on some different saves, namely the creative mode mod for some tests. For some strange reason, the mods carried over into my main world, ruining my achievements. Not a priority fix, but quite frustrating. If I may suggest, a warning GUI popup to confirm mods to be carried over when loading an existing saved game. Thx -L00p

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mods ruining long term achievement runs

Post by Tekky »

I agree that it would be nice if a warning popup window were displayed whenever the mods do not correspond to those used in the savegame. This warning message should be displayed both when mods are missing and when there are additional (i.e. too many) mods.

ashkante
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ashkante »

I second this idea - a friend of mine recently ran into this little landmine and didn't even know that steam achievements were disabled after someone suggested tto him some mods.

IMO, the warning would be most useful when going from a fully vanilla map to a modded map - ask the player if they're sure (just the first time).

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

+1. I was going to suggest exactly the same. Almost broke my achievement game. I was lucky to notice minor mod enabled before I rewrote all saves.
Warning window if set of mods gets changed.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”