QoL suggestion: Use ghosts without the item in hand

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Altainia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

QoL suggestion: Use ghosts without the item in hand

Post by Altainia »

Edit: A similar feature has already been discussed in a FFF referenced below. Withdrawing suggestion.

[h]TL;DR[/h]
A suggestion to allow the placing of ghost entities by hand without having the actual entity.

[h]What ?[/h]
When hovering over an entity and pressing, by default, 'Q', that item is automatically selected from the character's inventory. I suggest to add a key combination (for example, Shift+Q) that selects a ghost of that entity. In this way, you can stamp ghosts even if you don't have that item on your person.

[h]Why ?[/h]
I sometimes design builds and rely on my personal robots to place things where they need to go. But, if I don't have enough items on hand, my robots take the last one away and I can't continue until I fetch more of that item. I'd like to be able to finish laying out my design idea and then fetch the needed items instead of breaking my train of thought.

In addition, sometimes I want to command my construction robots in a remote base to build something to address some issue or add some functionality but I don't have the entities on hand to place ghosts.

This feature would address the first use case. As for the second use case, it would address some of the variations of it.
Last edited by Altainia on Mon May 21, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: QoL suggestion: Use ghosts without the item in hand

Post by Jap2.0 »

There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Altainia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: QoL suggestion: Use ghosts without the item in hand

Post by Altainia »

Jap2.0 wrote:See FFF 191
I did not see that. Thank you for linking to it.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”