Ultra Mega Super Speed / Movespeed Boost

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Ultra Mega Super Speed / Movespeed Boost

Post by PyroFire »

TL;DR
The maximum player movement speed is too slow.
In the end-game, you will spend 80% of your time running between biter bases for expansion, and 20% actually factorio'ing.

What ?
The current maximum for move speed is Power Armor with 10 Legs in it (powered by pre-charged Batteries), while placing Refined Concrete (+150% move speed) in front of you.
Although this is a lot when running around inside your base, it is no where near enough to be reasonably efficient in clearing out biter nests when you have a mega base.

The Tank is pathetic in terms of speed.
The Car is relatively fast but it doesn't even come close to the setup described above.
Why ?
In the end-game, you will spend 80% of your time running between biter bases for expansion, and 20% actually factorio'ing (from map view, because you're always clearing biter bases).
Ideas ?
Let me put Legs in the car to make it go faster! >:|
Or give us a bigger armor grid for more legs! >:|

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ultra Mega Super Speed / Movespeed Boost

Post by Deadlock989 »

Ah, tanks. Famous for being really really nippy, like Formula 1.

There are like a million mods out there for bigger power armour inventories, and a few for faster vehicles, and even some that let you put "legs" in vehicles. Absolutely unnecessary for the vanilla game.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

According to Factorio Friday Facts #212, it will be possible in 0.17 to set temporary train destinations easily, so this might be the best solution for travelling around quickly.

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PyroFire »

Deadlock989 wrote:Ah, tanks. Famous for being really really nippy, like Formula 1.

There are like a million mods out there for bigger power armour inventories, and a few for faster vehicles, and even some that let you put "legs" in vehicles. Absolutely unnecessary for the vanilla game.
This is a suggestion to improve the late-game experience for the Vanilla version of Factorio.

Not a request for mods.
Reason:
In the end-game, you will spend 80% of your time running between biter bases for expansion, and 20% actually factorio'ing (from map view, because you're always clearing biter bases).

Do you really find it fun to spend all your time in factorio running around destroying biter nests?
It gets pretty repetitive, boring and mundane after you fire off your first 1000 nukes.

Tekky wrote:According to Factorio Friday Facts #212, it will be possible in 0.17 to set temporary train destinations easily, so this might be the best solution for travelling around quickly.
Great!
So that means we would just need to clear out the biter nests, run a train line out there and no problem!
Wait.. What?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Well the best way to clear biter nests in late-game vanilla is with artillery trains, so you probably already be laying train tracks.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

PyroFire wrote:
This is a suggestion to improve the late-game experience for the Vanilla version of Factorio.

Not a request for mods.
No need to shout, mate.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30240
Reason:

Do you really find it fun to spend all your time in factorio running around destroying biter nests?
It gets pretty repetitive, boring and mundane after you fire off your first 1000 nukes.
Now you're just bragging.

I don't spend 80% of my time running pointlessly around. That's literally your problem. Change the way you play instead of suggesting things you can already have with mods are forced on everyone else.

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PyroFire »

Deadlock989 wrote:I don't spend 80% of my time running pointlessly around. That's literally your problem.
No need to take it personally, "mate".
I am answering to all who would approach this suggestion with your point of view.

So, no.
It's literally a problem for everyone who plays like i do.
Not just me.

This is the point of addressing this suggestion to the vanilla version.

Deadlock989 wrote:Now you're just bragging.
No, this would be bragging:

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Nothing personal about it, I just find shouting in giant bold letters a bit gauche. As are "hours played" dick-measuring contests.
It's literally a problem for everyone who plays like i do.
Presumably some of those people went and made mods, like, years ago.

Alternatively - and I hesitate to repeat myself - you could just not play the way you play but try playing a good way instead.

When you make a suggestion to change a game that a million people have bought, you can understand why it might get suggested that it isn't just about you.

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PyroFire »

Deadlock989 wrote:Alternatively - and I hesitate to repeat myself - you could just not play the way you play but try playing a good way instead.
A "Good Way"?
What?

It's my experience, and i am playing in my own good way.
Who are you to judge me on how i choose to play?
Deadlock989 wrote:When you make a suggestion to change a game that a million people have bought, you can understand why it might get suggested that it isn't just about you.
Yes, thats why i said it's not just about me, it's about everyone who plays like me.

What's your problem dude?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

PyroFire wrote:Who are you to judge me on how i choose to play?
There was no judgement, merely an observation: if you're really wasting 80% of your time on something not fun, you could try doing something fun instead. Just a thought
Deadlock989 wrote:What's your problem dude?
My problem, if you can call it that - more of an annoyance, to be fair - is people making the same suggestion over and over and over again, even right up to the very eleventh hour of early access when the final push for the finished game has already started, when the developers' response to that exact same suggestion in the past was to provide features in the modding API (vehicle grids, the ability to make higher tiers of armour) that let people opt into that style of play if they want instead of forcing it on everyone else and wasting the developers' time on it.

If you don't want people on a discussion forum to discuss your suggestions, try not making suggestions.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

PyroFire wrote:Image
Well there's your problem.
Lay some rails.

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hedning1390 »

The fastest way nowadays is to clear using artillery trains. This is only range 4, but see how it can clear the entire scan range of a radar. Just snake a track back and forth and have an artillery train do the work.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

The fastest way to move is walking
Absolutely objectively wrong.
The fastest way to move is by train. Build more trains.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

bobucles wrote:
I mean technically the fastest way to move is by dying.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Jap2.0 wrote:
bobucles wrote:
What's the fastest way to die? Train. Still the fastest movement option out there. Build more trains.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

bobucles wrote:
Jap2.0 wrote:
bobucles wrote:
What's the fastest way to die? Train. Still the fastest movement option out there. Build more trains.
Will do.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”