Train Logic, Everything Cargo Reader

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Null
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train Logic, Everything Cargo Reader

Post by Null »

TL;DR
Give trains circuit signals like "everything" and "anything" for reading cargo

What ?
Trains have been improved over the past updates but still don't have the signals for everything and anything for reading cargo like belts that are connected to a circuit network do, I've come across needing this a few times, especially when just dumping everything on a train in no specific amount.

take this tab, or at least the usable signals and put them into the train cargo reading here
Why ?
I've come to the conclusion it is nigh impossible to have train read of its contents of itself and use that to move when wanting to read everything. So it would vastly improve train movement and capability to be able to read "everything" in its cargo at once
Last edited by Kayanor on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed images.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Train Logic, Everything Cargo Reader

Post by dood »

That's what the train full/empty conditions are for.
If you want more control, you can hook the trainstation up to a decider combinator which comes with an everything condition.

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Train Logic, Everything Cargo Reader

Post by Hedning1390 »

dood wrote:That's what the train full/empty conditions are for.
If you want more control, you can hook the trainstation up to a decider combinator which comes with an everything condition.
Or even simpler: without any combinator just tell the train station to read and send contents back to the train. Now the circuit condition will have the same value as the cargo condition, and circuit conditions can use the anything/everything signals.

@Null
I use above method everywhere, I haven't even thought about the fact that cargo don't have these signals. Now that you mention it I don't know why it is this way. It seems strange, but there must be some reason we just haven't thought of.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”