Radar suggestion

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

althedino
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Radar suggestion

Post by althedino »

Dear Factorio Staff,
I am coming to you for a suggestion on radars. I think radars are amazing ideas. But they are hard to place effictiently. So to combat this, you should implement it so while it you have to radar in your hands it should not only show the magnitude of that certain radar, but it should show the magnitudes of already placed radars. For example, radars should place like the electric poles. When you have them in hand it highlights the range. This would be a well apprectaited add.

Thanks,
Althedino

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Radar suggestion

Post by <NO_NAME> »

+1

Also, here is a similar suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43241
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hedning1390 »

Isn't this already in the game though? Placed radars have the visibility around them and the ones you are holding in your hand have a bluish area around them.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Hedning1390 wrote:Isn't this already in the game though? Placed radars have the visibility around them and the ones you are holding in your hand have a bluish area around them.
I believe he wants the ability to distinguish the area revealed by the player(s) from the area revealed by radars.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

gsezz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gsezz »

Hm, I think the game already does what he is asking for. I don't know if a distinction between player and stationary radar would be helpful in multiplayer, in singleplayer it's not needed in my opinion. Player area is smaller then stationary radar area, so the distinction can already be made.

I just wished the blue marking on the minimap would also show when placing blueprints with radars in them.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

In single player your own visible region is smaller than a vanilla radars visible region so that isn't a problem. But in multiplayer the other players visible region can hide where other radars end.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”