robotics chest

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Panterh3art
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

robotics chest

Post by Panterh3art »

i have been playing for a while and now i wanna build 2 bases in my map
i noticed while transporting refined concrete with robots from a to b with the requester chest and with an inserter into an suply chest i noticed that they start looping items
is it posible to make a chests were logistics robots only can drop off stuff but not take them from but construcion robots can

Kinds regards Panterh3art

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: robotics chest

Post by Klonan »

Panterh3art wrote:i have been playing for a while and now i wanna build 2 bases in my map
i noticed while transporting refined concrete with robots from a to b with the requester chest and with an inserter into an suply chest i noticed that they start looping items
is it posible to make a chests were logistics robots only can drop off stuff but not take them from but construcion robots can

Kinds regards Panterh3art
The chest for this purpose is the Buffer chest: https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-203

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

You could also not do that, minimize the size of your logistic network and transport the things you need with your personal build train instead of spreading your logistic network over the size of alaska.
That way, you also don't have to wait for bots who were busy on one side of the map to get to the new job on the other side of the map because you will soon find out, even with buffer chests in place and all items near the construction zone, you still have to wait for construction bots to float in and it's really no more effective than directly placing the blueprint.

Panterh3art
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Panterh3art »

i have a mod for infinite robot speed so that doesn't matter but i got an answer from kloonan which kinda solved my question ty <3 :D

i just found out that due to an mod that makes the logistics chests researchable with green and red science i am not able to craft buffer chests

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

If you have infinite robot speed, what's the problem, exactly?
You should be able to just have your 1 storage point whereever.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”