[Pl] [ENG] Proposal on cards/Propozycja na temat kart

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hutron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Pl] [ENG] Proposal on cards/Propozycja na temat kart

Post by Hutron »

Polski/Polish
Mam pytanie,
czy byłaby możliwość dodania kart z stema do factorio?
English/Angielski
I have a question,
is it possible add steam cards to factorio?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Pl] [ENG] Proposal on cards/Propozycja na temat kart

Post by eradicator »

-infinity

Black market gambling should not be encouraged.

Hutron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hutron »

eradicator wrote:-infinity

I just like to collect steam cards and make badges, or something wrong with that?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Hutron wrote:

I just like to collect steam cards and make badges, or something wrong with that?
The thing that is wrong with steam cards is that they can be sold for money. And that there's a whole gambling scene around that shit.

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by <NO_NAME> »

I don't have anything against steam cards. If some people use them for gambling, that's their problem.
On the other hand, I don't feel like there is a need for Factorio to have cards. They are just some meaningless feature that was invented to promote Steam.

Do not read anything below that line!
--------------------------
Rada od Polaka: Następnym razem pisz od razu po angielsku. Tu i tak wszyscy go znają, więc polska wersja wprowadza tylko zamieszanie (i prawdopodobnie jest wbrew regulaminowi forum).
Nawet jeśli słabo znasz angielski, nie przejmuj się. Nie jesteś jedyny, nikt nie zwróci na to uwagi.
Last edited by <NO_NAME> on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

Hutron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hutron »

<NO_NAME> wrote:I don't have anything against steam cards. If some people use them for gambling, that's their problem.
On the other hand, I don't feel like there is a need for Factorio to have cards. They are just some meaningless feature that invented to promote Steam.

Do not read anything below that line!
--------------------------
Rada od Polaka: Następnym razem pisz od razu po angielsku. Tu i tak wszyscy go znają, więc polska wersja wprowadza tylko zamieszanie (i prawdopodobnie jest wbrew regulaminowi forum).
Nawet jeśli słabo znasz angielski, nie przejmuj się. Nie jesteś jedyny, nikt nie zwróci na to uwagi.
Ok,dzięki za radę

DingoPD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DingoPD »

It is not the badge cards they gamble with, it is the loot boxes, as in the stuff you can use back in the game. There is no gambling with badge cards. I don't see anything wrong with it, people collect all kinds of things, and when you collect things, there is usually some cost involved somewhere. The few pennies badge cards cost are inconsequential.

From all the games i play on steam, Factorio by far soaks up most of my time, i'd love to have Factorio badge in steam. Well designed and shiny steam badge that players can show off can attract more players to the game, that in turn increases the funds the devs can to sink into the game, all with minimal investment from the devs, what's wrong with that? It is not the most direct advertising route, but it is one.
Efficiency is just highly developed form of laziness.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

DingoPD wrote:

It is not the badge cards they gamble with, it is the loot boxes, as in the stuff you can use back in the game. There is no gambling with badge cards.
If you say so good sir then it must be true and the rest of the internet just hasn't noticed yet. :roll:

DingoPD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DingoPD »

eradicator wrote:If you say so good sir then it must be true and the rest of the internet just hasn't noticed yet. :roll:
You've got 1 man internet? .. I'm starting to think there's a language barrier here .. or you trolling, that is also possible.

Think about it, what exactly would you be gambling on, when you know exactly what you are getting. If you get enough cards you can make a badge that you can display in your steam profile ... you can't use it in the game itself. Those are the badge cards. That is called "collecting".

Now, if you open your steam market, click on popular items tab.

I guarantee you, that you won't see a single badge card on the first 20 pages of the popular items on the market, all that is taken up by loot crates and items people got out of loot crates, you can use them in the game - things you can potentially get chunk of money for, in another words, sealed containers with loot. So you don't know what you are getting until you open it. That is called "gambling".

Anyway, i got trains to run, and biters to shell .. troll feeding is not on my schedule.
Efficiency is just highly developed form of laziness.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

DingoPD wrote:Anyway, i got trains to run, and biters to shell .. troll feeding is not on my schedule.
Not on mine either ;).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”