Train stop list

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Kelder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train stop list

Post by Kelder »

Below the minimap there's a train button to show all trains you have, but there is no button to show all train stops you have placed. It would list all stops (especially if there are multiple with the same name), both enabled and disabled, and have a way to open map view on them.

While it's possible in a train routing UI to double click on a stop to open its UI, it always opens the same of possibly many stops with the same name. You cannot see if any of those stops are disabled and it's impossible to find any of those stops, aside from aimlessly searching your entire playing field in map view. The only desperate way to recover such a disabled stop would be to rename each stop you open from that routing window until the one you need comes around, then rename that one and remove/modify any circuit enable conditions. And even then you still need to take a train there.

If you implement some button to open map view on a stop, it could be nice to add this to trains also. the train window has a minimap or preview, but you still need to zoom out that little minimap and then try to locate that on your real/normal map to be able to interact with its surroundings...

More advanced features for such a train stop list:
  • grouped by stop name
  • show stop id (or coordinates?) or at least keep order the same when opening the list again. Having a list of 20 iron ore stops is nice, but if they are reordered randomly each time you open the list, you still can't find the "right" one without luck.
  • indicate if enabled/disabled, maybe even show actual condition and value (10k iron ore < 16k)
  • indicate if a train is present (or even number of trains on the way to that specific stop?)
If I did miss this suggestion, I apologize, my searches for train, stop, station came up with lots of results, but only this one was similar, it proposed searching from map view immediately:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57860&p=343440&hili ... op#p343440

Thanks for your time and this great game that eats up my time :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”