I need to know what goes on this belt right away

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I need to know what goes on this belt right away

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

Hold down alt while cursor is on a belt or blueprint belt and get a little movie clip of the items that most recently had flowed down that belt.

I've been downloading blueprints and trying to use them and its harder than I thought. One problem is not knowing what goes on the belt and on which side. I know that if I hold my cursor over a live belt I'll see whats happening on that belt in a little window on the right side of the screen. It would be nice if that little movie played after I installed a blueprint belt so that i'd immediately know what I need to put on there. It would also be helpful during busy periods when a belt runs dry and you don't remember what to put on there. Instead of having to figure it out you'd just hold your mouse over the belt and see a ghost of the items as they roll by.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I need to know what goes on this belt right away

Post by Tekky »

I think it would be better if it were possible for the player to place signs into the game world, which can contain text or pictures of existing game items. These signs should of course also be blueprintable.

Corresponding suggestion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58685 Signs

runamucker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by runamucker »

Mauslag PIngman wrote:Hold down alt while cursor is on a belt or blueprint belt and get a little movie clip of the items that most recently had flowed down that belt.
The process of working backwards in map view to figure out what's supposed to be on an empty belt feels like part of the game to me, not a nuisance. So maybe in a mod, not vanilla.

mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mp0011 »

Well, You may build some circuits to store last items that passed through the belt... Just be creative ;)

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hedning1390 »

What I do in my blueprints is to label each belt with a filter inserter.

I don't think this is something the developers needs to spend time on.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”