Save floor tile size during sessions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Save floor tile size during sessions

Post by steinio »

Hi,

i suggest to save the selected size of floor tiles during sessions.
Currently it gets reseted to 2x2 on save load.
floor tile size.png
floor tile size.png (196.04 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
Cu, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Save floor tile size during sessions

Post by hitzu »

Please do. That would be a good QoL improvement. And please, increase the floor stack size at least 2 times.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

hitzu wrote:Please do. That would be a good QoL improvement. And please, increase the floor stack size at least 2 times.
The size is as large as your character can reach. Any larger and it wouldn't effect anything except your ability to place ghosts down and you can just use blueprints for that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

gsezz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gsezz »

He meant the stack size. 200 or 400 items per stack, instead of 100. - Ya, would be nice, since you need a lot of it. Same for landfill.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

It would be handy to carry more paving, yes... raising the stack size to 200 would be appreciated. When you're trying to Concretify a part of your factory or lay a road, it's annoying to have to lug back to your base every half a screen. As for the tile size, I don't see it as that big an issue, minor QoL thing. I prefer to use blueprints for it anyway - except landfill.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Aeternus wrote:I prefer to use blueprints for it anyway - except landfill.
Deconstruction Planner idea - mark water for "removal" (fill with Landfill) =D
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

This is not about stacking size of the item but about the size of the building tool. It is very annoying to hit the "+"-Key every restart. Mods can increase the reach of the player so I normally have a very big landfill area and hitting the "+"-Key every restart 12 times is just so annoying. Why not save that to the save file and restore the area size on save game load?

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Darinth »

I'm relatively certain that the OP's suggestion has nothing to do with stack size nor is he requesting an increase in the maximum tile size. I think he's just talking about the fact that every time you load the game, your 'tile brush' (for lack of a better term) is reset to 2x2, even though it was maxed out the last time you used it. And every time before that. Because laying tiles down with anything but the max size is generally foolish. :P

Pretty certain he just wants the game to save/load the size of the tile brush you'd set. Tiny QOL improvement that I'd expect would be pretty simple to implement.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Darinth wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:24 pm
I'm relatively certain that the OP's suggestion has nothing to do with stack size nor is he requesting an increase in the maximum tile size. I think he's just talking about the fact that every time you load the game, your 'tile brush' (for lack of a better term) is reset to 2x2, even though it was maxed out the last time you used it. And every time before that. Because laying tiles down with anything but the max size is generally foolish. :P

Pretty certain he just wants the game to save/load the size of the tile brush you'd set. Tiny QOL improvement that I'd expect would be pretty simple to implement.
Yeah thanks for summarising it correctly.
The thread got hijacked by other suggestions.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

bump, also wondered baout this, but thought not to ask because its not THAT bad.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”