Construction robots from personal roboports carry playername

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

joshinils
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Construction robots from personal roboports carry playername

Post by joshinils »

I was playing on the Frontier Map with ColonelWill where we play a very long rail line through biters. On a journey through there my robots grab repair packs and fall behind "never to be seen again". This also happens to other players and therefore i see many bots flying without charge along the rails toward their owner, but i dont know who that is when i hover over them.

So i propose that construction bots that emerge from a player carry that players name such that one can alert said player about the situation (or steal their bot if they want to).

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Construction robots from personal roboports carry playername

Post by bobucles »

I think personal roboport bots should leave a dot on the minimap. Hovering over a player marker would highlight all their robots in play, thus you can see where everything is.

It might also be nice to "lock" the player's roboport in the same way that trains lock their inventory on the move. A train on a mission will not let inserters steal from it, even if the train is stopped. If the personal roboport does the same thing then these bots wouldn't run out on hopeless missions in the first place.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Construction robots from personal roboports carry playername

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Quite a few times I've lost a bot when I've been in a train that's zipped past an outpost with a damage wall. Of course you're going so fast and probably watching or doing something else so you don't notice until later when you see you've got 99 bots, or you get the big red warning that something's been destroyed in the middle of biter territory.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”