Blueprints remember dropped power lines

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

chapium
Inserter
Inserter

Blueprints remember dropped power lines

Post by chapium »

Currently, if you remove power lines from power poles and make a blueprint, the powerlines are being built as well. This makes building red/ green wire networks difficult because when the blueprint completes there can be lots of power cables that were not in the original design.

My suggestion is to allow blueprints to retain the power line placement or removal settings from the pattern being blueprinted.

Thank you for all your hard work! I've burned many hours on this fun "little" game.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprints remember dropped power lines

Post by n9103 »

IIRC, blueprints save the networks, so why would you want to wait until after they were built to wire them up?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

I suspect the point here is, that ADDITIONAL wires get created during construction.
(and thus the constructed factory in fact doesn't match the blueprint)

I heard that mods cannot create un-wired poles. This issue might be very well related to that.
(PS: Mods also cannot un-wire wires easily)

DingoPD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Preserve power wiring in blueprints

Post by DingoPD »

TL:DR
Preserve the state of power connections between poles in blueprints, so separate power networks don't get interconnected when placing a blueprint.
Eh?
Instead of generating wiring connections on the fly, please consider saving the power wiring state within the blueprint like you do with signal networks. Right now if you have two or more separate power grids within a blueprint, they all get interconnected when placing the blueprint when there are power poles close enough to be connected. Leaving mess to fix and debug, the more complex the blueprint, the longer it takes to debug and fix all of it. On occasion I've carelessly plopped down large number of blueprints and then spent hours trying to figure out why something is powered up even when it shouldn't. Sometimes it took me days to even notice it was happening if the segment is controlled automatically. :) Thanks.
Efficiency is just highly developed form of laziness.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”