Better looking world ?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

PanTobi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Better looking world ?

Post by PanTobi »

Hello !... im Tobi ^_^... meow...
my english isn't best :D...

i was asking u about better looking world 1 year ago and... GJ ! :D

new textures are gr8 !... walls and some other stuff are still ugly...
but the most important problem is your World Generator :P

its look like randomly generated stuff... lel... it is fully random...

but u can make your world much better :D !!!!
your World Generator ^_^

look at this img:
ClikMEEEEEeee
im working as level designer and... ugh can't explain this cause as i said my english is hard
im doing it by last 9 years and i rly luf playing factorio ( lel im playing only factorio and BDO - Black Desert Online )

and i want to help u make game better :D

i dont wanna any money ;P
i just wanna make this game better ^_^

why i can't show u working Code as Mod ?... because for mods u are using LUA...
and i hate this shit i was working with "Dzieje Khorinis" and "Gothic server" they are using LUA...

i stop working with this shit cause its... ugly xD
i can make for you "building blocks" and tell u how Generator should works and i can make some code in JS or C / C++
and u can translate it to your LUA or what u are using for this great game ^_^

btw. my World Generator can fix problems with this:
Hello

betrok
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Better looking world ?

Post by betrok »

Problem on you last screenshot is coming from difference between generation algorithms in versions where you started this game and current one.
I doubt you could fix such troubles unless you propose generation based on neighboring chunks, which will require much more calculations...

Anyways you could start from describing your ideas here, so devs or modders will have a chance to implement them.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Better looking world ?

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Mining Productivity 58 lmao that game has been running for many versions.

Your cliffs are indeed very fancy - trouble is, there's a difference between procedurally generated and created manually. I understand your English isn't great so will try to make it simple.

Procedurally generated is done by computer, you don't usually find the same formation twice (unless it's very simple), but it's very limited in what it can do. Computers don't understand "pretty", so creating pretty stuff would be very complicated.

Created manually, like your piece, does look a lot better, but how many do you want to make? 100? 1000? These are near infinite worlds, players are going to start finding ones they've seen before. That would be very out of place in Factorio, which in which no two patches of ore are the same.

If you can write some sort of code to design these formations for you, in any language and even if you then place them manually based on the result, that's something the devs can use.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”