Nukes are overpowered and they need to be nerfed in some way

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bman212121
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Nukes are overpowered and they need to be nerfed in some way

Post by bman212121 »

Selvek wrote:Clearing biter bases late game is a chore, not a challenge or fun. Nukes offset the pointlessness of the time required to clear out biters. They required a massive infrastructure investment to mass produce, so they are only available very late game in useful quantities.

No nerf is needed IMO.
This.

Every time there is an advantageous way to clear out biters, someone screams it makes it too easy. Too easy would be when I can finally automate clearing out biter removal. I don't particularly want to waste too much time mobbing, so anything that makes it less painful is fine by me. I haven't had the chance to use arty trains but it does sound like you might finally have a way to automate biter removal, which is a good thing.

I could completely see how if you were doing PvP, you'd probably just want to disable nukes completely. I can only imagine how chaotic it would be with 10 people running around with nukes.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Nukes are meant to be overpowered. They aren't going to be changed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Don't worry, artillery trains are even more powerful than nukes. I almost feel bad for nukes.

I do think that ultimate items should have ultimate recipes to go with them. Using a pile of blue circuits as a generic "resource dump" makes me sad, even if they are legitimately difficult to produce. Using a generic pile of blue circuits is an indication that intermediate steps are missing.

I'd certainly prefer if the nuke recipe had a much more involved recipe. It should utilize end game items like modules, low density structures, rocket fuel and rocket control parts. It could even use unusual ingredients like a high tech science pack or a fluid input. The overall resource cost isn't so important as it is about giving the ultimate recipes more intermediate steps and thus more construction effort to overcome. It will also take advantage of the fact that assembler3's can handle 6 ingredient recipes while tier 2's can only handle 4. In the end it's all about giving that "ultimate tech feel" to them.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

They cost 5000 packs of everything to research.
By the time you got your hands on them, manually fighting biters at all has become obsolete thanks to artillery.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”