Nuclear safe tanks

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

wat3rstone
Inserter
Inserter

Nuclear safe tanks

Post by wat3rstone »

A heavy duty tank that can withstand a nuclear blast in close proximity.
I say that it would be really slow but have lots of mass, it would have a machine gun and a rocket launcher, specifically for nukes, along with stacks of inventory space, and slots for fuel.
The tank's purpose would be to go out into intense worm filled, behemoth covered bases and detonate a nuke.
Also along with this I think it would be beneficial to add a sort of shock wave that will ruffle the trees outside of the blast radius and will push back any entities, like tanks, trains, cars, players, or inhabitants of the planet, that are near the nuke's detonation location. Each entity would be pushed back less and less if they are further from the blast location.
-wat3rstone

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Nuclear safe tanks

Post by bobucles »

There's not enough HP in the world to survive a nuke blast. It's made up of a bunch of smaller explosions so you'll get hit multiple times. It also gets boosted by explosives research (for SOME reason) making each of those hits up to a thousand or more.

I think you should try out the new artillery. It offers a new way to fire on biter nests without putting yourself in danger.

The safest way to use the nuke launcher is on foot. Load up some shields and a LOT of exoskeleton speed. Run in, tap C, and run out. The tank isn't quite agile enough and it doesn't have the rocket launcher installed anyway.

If you insist on nuclear vehicles I suggest trying out the Helicopter mod. It's my personal favorite flying mod out there, it got even FASTER with nuclear fuel, and it comes with an extra long range rocket launcher. Last I tried it was also immune to the nuke shockwave so it's perfect for carpet bombing.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

With the natural evolution mod and hardness factor 5 the evolved bitters have a 150% explosive resistance and don't die from atomic bombs. :)

BurtonsBeans
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BurtonsBeans »

I have yet to fire off a nuke, but is there an EMP effect that knocks out your power for a short while? If not, it would make a fun little addition.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

No, but if aliens attack your base and you run there and try to shoot them with your machine gun but accidentally have nukes selected that is fun.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”