Turret Wagon

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Turret Wagon

Post by Thales7 »

what is: a wagon with a slot to put any type of turret

why use: a artillery wagon can attack the nests, but this wagon can defend the train.

how should work?: imagine a wagon with a turret wagon with a slot to turret and other to munition in inventory. Depending of the type of turret, the munition should accept different types of munition. For example: gun turrets use magazines, flame turrets use fluid barrels, laser turrets use accumulators...

Thales7
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Turret Wagon

Post by Thales7 »

excuse, but how I can use the research tool in efficient form?

n7m6e7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by n7m6e7 »

I will say that both of those topics are pre-artillery wagon.

Then, a turret on a train seems like...an ok? Idea. Would be cool to have a constant train looping around your base, shooting biters.

But now that we have the artillery, i believe we shouldn't add turret wagons for a different reason.

The balance of the artillery, is we can attack bases from ludicrous distances, with the downside of a glass cannon. Its defenceless. Once you add turrets to it, you have an unstoppable force with little thought behind it.

Engine, turret, artillery, turret, engine.

Congrats, you have a vehicle that can render all biters in range of the track defenceless with little planning or concequence.
There are no absolutes. I live knowing I could always be wrong, but with confidence that I could also be right.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

I believe there was some discussion about this in the roadmap topic in the speculation about the artillery wagon.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”