Support update on next start

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Support update on next start

Post by mrvn »

TL;DR
When a new version is available there should be an option to download the update but not restart.
What ?
When a new version is available for either the game or mods it should be possible to download the version and install it for the next time the game is restarted anyway.

This would allow updating the core game and modules at the same time, fix any missing depends of the mods and do one final restart when everything is ready.

Or one could just keep playing the old version for now but get the new version the next time the game is started. Meaning no time is wasted on restarts at all.
Why ?
Just when I want to desperately play factorio the game tells me there is a new version out. Downloading the update costs time I want to be playing already. Restarting the game takes even more time. Maybe some mod now fails to load so I have to disable it and restart again. Then the mod probably has an update too that fixes the problem so another restart is needed.

One starts to wonder if one gets to play the game at all or if it just about restarting the game. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”