Wooden Paths

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

nobrainer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Wooden Paths

Post by nobrainer »

Hello everyone! I've been playing Factorio since 0.14 but never posted anything on the forums.

As far as my searching efforts went I haven't found any posts mentioned this suggestion.

Right now wood is of no particular use for anything in the game other than fuel, and not even a good one when compared with other "fuels". So why not have a "Wooden Path" that is similar to the way the "Stone Path" is built with stone bricks. This wooden path would be build with Wood. It could provide the same increase to walking speed of the stone path, or maybe a little less.
I think it could be usefull for eyecandy or for building/"painting" "signs" or "marks" on the ground.
At least it would give wood some use other than throw it into the boilers in your steam setup to get rid of all the raw wood we end up "collecting" into chests.

Just my 2 cents.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Wooden Paths

Post by Tekky »

Related thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42271 Make wood useful

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Here is lack of graphics, but must be working.
Attachments
2018-02-22 23_27_05.png
2018-02-22 23_27_05.png (85.34 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
WoodenPath_0.0.1.zip
For 0.16
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

+1

Sounds like a nice idea. More ground tile variation is always good. Would also be easy to mod for someone with some graphical talent (i.e. not me :P).

pleegwat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by pleegwat »

That image makes me think 'wooden pier'. But I think any way to cross the water which you can break down is probably OP, even if you can't build on it.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Only time this would be useful would be near to the start of a game, any later than early on and you can use stone or concrete. I can't see myself chopping down extra trees just to get the raw materials for a pathway.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”