Invert car backup keys

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Nitrah
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Invert car backup keys

Post by Nitrah »

Is it possible to add a checkbox in the options to invert the controls for turning left & right while backing up? I am having a really hard time steering the cars with the current controls.

Right now, 'D' turns clockwise regardless of forward or backwards, but thats not how you drive a car, and my brain is having a real hard time adjusting.

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Invert car backup keys

Post by ThaPear »

I agree with this, I also often feel the car controls are counter intuitive.

mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mp0011 »

Lol, I have just noticed it is in fact reversed, and works totally different than in tank.

I have played already few hundreds hours, and do not notice it ever, nor ever have any problems driving it.
Now, knowing this, I must learn how to drive again, because now I will be always confused...

Thanks for ruining the game ;)

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Nitrah wrote:Right now, 'D' turns clockwise regardless of forward or backwards
That is not correct. In vanilla Factorio 0.16.24, pressing 'D' while going backwards causes the car to go anti-clockwise. This is also how cars behave in reality.

The reversing controls of tanks is very different than those of cars and trains, but this has a good reason: A tank can turn even when it is standing still. This is also realistic behavior.

However, even if there is a good reason for the different controls of tanks, I do admit that the behavior of tanks when reversing can be confusing.

GeneralSphinx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GeneralSphinx »

Rseding91 wrote:
bobucles wrote:The fact that this thread pops up every week shows it is a common UI request. It does make sense as a game option.
The fact this is the first time I've ever seen this thread says that's not true.

Anyway; it's not changing.
This is a bump to let Rseding91 know, that the other thread was not the first one.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”