Do something about 600 build queue limit

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Do something about 600 build queue limit

Post by wvlad »

I ordered robots to upgrade my wall from one type to another and many of them don't have necessary items in storage and waiting for a train. It's a few thousands of entities in the queue so all other construction orders are scheduled very slow if at all which means that even when a train delivers wall items they are not built because the queue is full of other missing-item orders in separate networks.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Do something about 600 build queue limit

Post by Bilka »

You can already change the construction manager with mods:

Code: Select all

max-failed-attempts-per-tick-per-construction-queue=Construction manager speed lower threshold: +__1__
max-successful-attempts-per-tick-per-construction-queue=Construction manager speed upper threshold: +__1__
This is taken from the locale files, it looks like it might a bonus type that can be used by technologies. It can definitely be set per force: http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaF ... tion_queue and http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaF ... tion_queue
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

It's currently 1 and 5, not 600.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

wvlad wrote:It's currently 1 and 5, not 600.
600 isn't the limit, just the alert lasts 10 seconds, and the game processes 1 failed per tick,
so 1 * 60 * 10 == 600 shown in the alerts GUI

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Is there any way to increase the number of processed tasks per UPS? Either from a hard setting, or perhaps through research? The construction pace of bots is perfectly adequate for everything up to the rocket, but post game blueprints get really crazy and the sheer number of entities can get huge. The waiting line for modules or concrete in particular can get pretty vast and take some time to walk through.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

bobucles wrote:Is there any way to increase the number of processed tasks per UPS? Either from a hard setting, or perhaps through research? The construction pace of bots is perfectly adequate for everything up to the rocket, but post game blueprints get really crazy and the sheer number of entities can get huge. The waiting line for modules or concrete in particular can get pretty vast and take some time to walk through.
http://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaF ... tion_queue

so

/c game.player.force.max_successful_attemps_per_tick_per_construction_queue = 20
game.player.force.max_failed_attempts_per_tick_per_construction_queue = 20

darklich14
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by darklich14 »

I just want to attemp to correct a typo here for the copypasta type like myself:

/c game.player.force.max_successful_attempts_per_tick_per_construction_queue = 20
game.player.force.max_failed_attempts_per_tick_per_construction_queue = 20
As always, thanks Klonan for sharing this. And all the other Wubes for everything. You guys are rockstars.

DieFox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DieFox »

Hi,

I got the same issue but i'm not firm in creating a mod to modify that queue or got you an other solution?

Thanks

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

DieFox wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:15 am
Hi,

I got the same issue but i'm not firm in creating a mod to modify that queue or got you an other solution?

Thanks
Use a console command

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

This seems like an inconsistency. Every other feature in Factorio appears to simulate to 100% accuracy and tax UPS if that's what it comes down to. Now I can understand limiting unsuccessful construction attempts, but successful attempts should not be hard-capped in this way.

If a stutter from a blueprint drop is undesired, some logic can be added to ramp max_successful_attempts_per_tick_per_construction_queue up over time.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Mylon wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:46 pm
This seems like an inconsistency. Every other feature in Factorio appears to simulate to 100% accuracy and tax UPS if that's what it comes down to.
Biter path finding does not. Map generation does not. Several things in fact don't "run until finished even if the UPS takes a hit".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Is it feasible and desirable to limit dynamically the number of jobs in the build queue limit if "there is room for it" within the 16ms of a tick ?
The idea is to make the game take advantage of the idle time it has to do more quickly the big constructions we may order it to do if we have the bots and the materials.
It's frustrating to have an army of construction bots, tons of spare concrete, and see most of the bots slacking while only 600 do their best to pave a huge area.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Just a note: it's not "600 robots active" - that's *just* the number of alerts that show on screen. There is no limit to how many robots can be active at once working on things to work on.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Koub wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:04 am
Is it feasible and desirable to limit dynamically the number of jobs in the build queue limit if "there is room for it" within the 16ms of a tick ?
Nope! I've asked for game speed to be limited in the same way so fast servers don't leave slow players behind. But game render time is not part of game state for sync reasons.

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:42 am
Mylon wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:46 pm
This seems like an inconsistency. Every other feature in Factorio appears to simulate to 100% accuracy and tax UPS if that's what it comes down to.
Biter path finding does not. Map generation does not. Several things in fact don't "run until finished even if the UPS takes a hit".
But logistic queues do!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”