Block inventory split

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JWoodrell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Block inventory split

Post by JWoodrell »

tl:dr
Adding a ctrl-right click and drag to split current item stack evenly between buildings selected by drag box
What
Currently you can ctrl-right click to drop half your curent stack into a building. This is cool for spreading a resource around among a few buildings, however can lead to very uneven distributions because it uses half the stack remaining where say youre holding 100 coal and your trying to fill your burner drills, inserters and smelters. The first few get almost all the fuel and the last few get 1 or two each.

My suggestion is to drag a box with ctrl-right click and it would see “hey there are 4 things within arms reach that take the current item, i got a stack of 100 so they all get 25.” Rather than the first getting 50, then 25 then 12, then 6, then back over the first so 56......
Why

Just a simple interface addition to make things smoother and more intuitive. As a side note it could extend to ctrl-left clicking as well to block pickup from a set of buildings

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Block inventory split

Post by eradicator »

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/321fredd ... stribution

Though i agree that this should be in vanilla. The built-in mechanism rarely makes sense.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

What I miss is rather the possibility to manually enter a number.

For example, if I have a row of gun turrets and I want to give each gun turret exactly 20 ammo, then I want to be able to manually enter the number 20 and afterwards click all turrets. The number should not change back again after every click.

Caine
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Caine »

When you have a specific number of items in hand then ctrl-inserting should insert that many but keep the same number of items in your hand instead of a full stack.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Caine wrote:When you have a specific number of items in hand then ctrl-inserting should insert that many but keep the same number of items in your hand instead of a full stack.
So totally this ! Me want that in vanilla.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Koub wrote:
Caine wrote:When you have a specific number of items in hand then ctrl-inserting should insert that many but keep the same number of items in your hand instead of a full stack.
So totally this ! Me want that in vanilla.
Thirded.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

JWoodrell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JWoodrell »

As a thought then if they implement the inserting the currently held stack size idea, have it to where if your holding an item, you can increase or decrease the ammount of them in your hand using the scroll wheel

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

JWoodrell wrote:As a thought then if they implement the inserting the currently held stack size idea, have it to where if your holding an item, you can increase or decrease the ammount of them in your hand using the scroll wheel
... or with your keyboard, by entering a number. ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”