Changelog.txt Tabs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Changelog.txt Tabs

Post by Vas »

The changelog file that you include with mods to enable the changelog button in game, currently only accepts spaces, but I'd like to use tabs. Spaces are ugly, tabs are nice. Thats pretty much the whole suggestion, no reason for a "too long don't read".

Just to clarify for those who don't know, I'm talking about this; (the ONLY MOD I've actually seen use it)
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Changelog.txt Tabs

Post by Supercheese »

Vas wrote:(the ONLY MOD I've actually seen use it)
My mods use it... including Squeak Through which is right above on your list!

Also yes, spaces are not for indentation; tabs are. But the current format demands spaces... :?

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

Hmm, I actually use 3 of your mods. I got a LOT of mods though and clicking though almost all of them, it was the only one I saw that had changelog button. I didn't have Squeak Through till recently though so.

I like the changelog button, I just wish it didn't require such an exact format. I mean it shouldn't be too hard to get the game to also recognize tabs as an indentation source. I'm not sure of the exact format needed, I wanted to try * instead of - but didn't wanna risk it. :P
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Currently the only possible advice is: "Do it exactly how the base game changelog does it."

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”