Allow pasting from assemblers to constant combinators

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Allow pasting from assemblers to constant combinators

Post by Gandalf »

As of 0.16 we can already copy-paste entity settings from assemblers to requester and buffer chests. We can also copy-paste settings between constant combinators. I suggest adding the option to copy-paste the ingredients list from assemblers onto constant combinators. Alternatively I'd welcome any other way of quickly injecting an ingredients list into a circuit network (such as reading them directly from an assembler).

It is already possible to manually enter the ingredient list, so this doesn't really add any new power to the game. It's just a lot more convenient when you're trying to build circuits that do some more fine grained control of items that are requested and placed in assemblers. I'm mostly looking at items that are very expensive, such as level 3 modules which are used in crafting high end power armor. With a simple assembler plus requester chest setup you end up needlessly buffering a lot of resources (multiple times as many as are need to craft a single power armor). Similar issues arise for other expensive items, such as rocket silos and reactors.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

DoppyNL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Allow pasting from assemblers to constant combinators

Post by DoppyNL »

Good idea, I'm missing this feature as well.
And it would only be a quicker interface.

Although I would like to see the exact recipe to be copied. Not the resources needed for the next 30 seconds (as is the case with requester chests).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”