logistics/programming/signals...

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

logistics/programming/signals...

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Realy we need much more things for train options/chests/signals/logical things.

We need like "redpower" in minecraft here in factorio.
Its realy frustrated to make every time a simple clock or counter or some else by hand with more than one combinator.

Why we must programming always by hand if we want that a train goes flip/flop to same trainstations-name.

Its not possible more than one if-question for a single combinator, we need and/or/and &() and some stuff like this.
Why we must use too objects for a simple if or not if and with a mathematics operation? Why only say output 1 or incomming signal , why we can not say +123 in the same buildobject? It makes so much complicated i found.

It makes for me no sense every time make gates, clocks, timer, counter by hand with so much objects.

Make one object instad of 3 diferent combinators and give us more options like signal is an pulse oder constant signal or what else (and please more than one argument or operation for one build)

A little bit more like excel: =if([if]income a bigger = 0;[than]((incom signal a + 123)-(incom signal b * 123);[else]if([if2.]is the pizza good;[than]make mor pizza;[else]make pasta))
(in one cell/object!) This time you need so much objects and cables and income = outcome and so much diffuse thinks, nobody can see anythings at the playmap

i need 4 objects to say to a lamp goes every 30 sec. on and than goes 30 sec. of - this is terrible, why we havent more option in lamps, trains,. networks ans so far?

You cant say in one question: if number lower than but bigger than....

(Yes my english are realy bad, sorry for this)
And pls. Admins set the "Notify me when a reply is posted" default on true (if the user write the first comment in a treat) like all outher normal forums i know.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: logistics/programming/signals...

Post by Tekky »

I don't think it makes sense that you are posting all of these suggestions in the same thread, especially since several of your suggestions have been suggested before. It makes more sense to post your ideas in the individual already existing threads. Or, if you have a specific suggestion that has not been suggested before, then you should start a new thread containing only that single suggestion. See this official forum announcement for the reasons why you should only have one suggestion per thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3394 Read this OR be ignored!

Also, you may want to use the suggestion template when making new suggestions.

FritzHugo3 wrote:Why we must programming always by hand if we want that a train goes flip/flop to same trainstations-name.
Being able to set the train destinations by circuit network has been suggested several times before, for example in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53792 train-stop id and train targets a train-stop by id

FritzHugo3 wrote:Its not possible more than one if-question for a single combinator, we need and/or/and &() and some stuff like this.
Why we must use too objects for a simple if or not if and with a mathematics operation? Why only say output 1 or incomming signal , why we can not say +123 in the same buildobject? It makes so much complicated i found.

It makes for me no sense every time make gates, clocks, timer, counter by hand with so much objects.

Make one object instad of 3 diferent combinators and give us more options like signal is an pulse oder constant signal or what else (and please more than one argument or operation for one build)

A little bit more like excel: =if([if]income a bigger = 0;[than]((incom signal a + 123)-(incom signal b * 123);[else]if([if2.]is the pizza good;[than]make mor pizza;[else]make pasta))
(in one cell/object!) This time you need so much objects and cables and income = outcome and so much diffuse thinks, nobody can see anythings at the playmap

i need 4 objects to say to a lamp goes every 30 sec. on and than goes 30 sec. of - this is terrible, why we havent more option in lamps, trains,. networks ans so far?

You cant say in one question: if number lower than but bigger than....
Most of this is being discussed in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21928 Miniaturize Circuit Networks

Caine
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: logistics/programming/signals...

Post by Caine »

We do not need all that higher order stuff. We need a single addition: the ability to form abstractions.
I.e. the ability to construct a composite combinator from basic components and put that down where required.

There have been many suggestions ranging from just labeling combinators to factorissimo like solutions.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”