always_day should not affect solar panels

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

always_day should not affect solar panels

Post by neoc »

The reason why people use surface.always_day=true is not that they want unlimited solar energy but because they don't like to play in darkness.

Please make an option to turn off night darkness without affecting the day-night cycle for solar panels, either by changing always_day or by introducing another variable.

Is there maybe a workaround for this, like permanently changing the color filter used for darkness? I know about light related mods, but that's not what I want.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: always_day should not affect solar panels

Post by bobingabout »

maybe I use always_day because I want all night solar power. (Mods need testing, sometimes that means seeing how power systems work, including accumulators, change to always day to get a full charge, etc)

I agree with the idea though, there should be an option to turn off the darkness effect... I'd probably use it for taking screenshots.

Another one I'd like to see that's slightly related to this, is with the night vision gear. I'd like to be able to set how dark it has to be when activated. I modded in a top tier night vision that has a result almost as bright as day time (I think it's about 90% brightness and 60% saturation, so you do get a bit of grey in dark areas), the issue is, since the switch on point is below the effective brightness, you get this obvious darkening before it suddenly just becomes bright again, or in the morning it suddenly switches off and it goes dark before quickly brightening up again. if the switch on point was the same as the goggle's effective brightness, it would be so much better.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: always_day should not affect solar panels

Post by olafthecat »

We could just ask for a Night Sun.
You know that big light they have on police helicopters.
They can turn patches of ground to as bright as day...
laser_pointer_nightsun.png
laser_pointer_nightsun.png (37.83 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
Doesn't work so well when you are pointing it at the moon, though...
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”