Ghost/Fake objects to place for the buildrobots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Ghost/Fake objects to place for the buildrobots

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Its terrible always go to the base and load the items in the inventory for build (with shift) the blueprint at the map.

Maybe with Shift + klick in the craftmenu (also Shift + mouse over an existed Item + mouseklick) you can get the "ghost/fake" objekt to place the buildplan for the robots.

And also please. Why we can delete things from exist blueprints but can not place things on it to completed things.

sorry for the english but i hope you can understand what i mean.

TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Ghost/Fake objects to place for the buildrobots

Post by TheRaph »

Did you mean, you like to place ghosts on map without having them already in inventory?

Sounds like this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53973&p=316879
Or this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53862

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

TheRaph wrote:Did you mean, you like to place ghosts on map without having them already in inventory?

Sounds like this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53973&p=316879
Or this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53862
It goes in the right way the other two Threads but i will go a little bit wider/bigger.

By the way, is it normal that i dont become an e-mail if any wrote new posts in my threads? Nothing in spam/junk/regular. Must i always click the " Notify me when a reply is posted"? normaly its default in all other forums.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

I think the feature you are talking about will come along with the GUI rewrite: https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-191
In it they discuss changing the toolbar from an inventory to a "spellbar" like thing that acts more like most RPG's have.

Is this the behaviour you are after or have I misinterpreted what you are saying?

edit:
Re the emails: No, you need to subscribe to the thread. It's a button at the bottom of the page.

edit2:
You can simulate this behaviour by making yourself a blueprint book with all the entities blueprinted individually in it. I do this and have a few different ones for the various stages in the game (before bots being the exception where I only use yellow belt & burner things anyway).
If you save the book to your library it's extremely quick to pull out a bunch, set them to the item you want to have and lock it in your toolbar.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

You can simulate this behaviour by making yourself a blueprint book with all the entities blueprinted individually in it. I do this and have a few different ones for the various stages in the game (before bots being the exception where I only use yellow belt & burner things anyway).
If you save the book to your library it's extremely quick to pull out a bunch, set them to the item you want to have and lock it in your toolbar.
Shure this is posible but not comftable ;-). But its a good idear for the most things like belt/Track, factories, arms... . I think i do it so, trhanks for the inspiratioon.
changing the toolbar from an inventory to a "spellbar"
Mhhh i dont know i will like it. I have like the old gui from the game seven days to die and then they have all change the complete inventory and craftmenu and i hate it so much. For me they have broke the complete gui with this.

But we will see what will come. ;-)

Thank you.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”