Belt containers (yeah, again :)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Belt containers (yeah, again :)

Post by hitzu »

So many people proposed some sort of palleting and compressing items in belts now. And so I am :)

But the main reason I propose them is not because of the compressing, but for the sake of versatility belts are lacking (unlike bots).

So the idea is to put items in colored 1x1 tile containers with 3 to 6 slots (maybe infinite tech research). They can be moved with belts, they give access to their cargo to inserters and belt scanners and they can be redirected by splitters (or maybe rotating belts) based of the type and the amount of cargo or by the color label they have using the circuit network. Optionally they can be loaded/unloaded on trains with a special loader.

So the scenario I envision is that these containers stop at the sequence of the loading stations with a help of belt scanners, loaded with an exact amount of stuff for a complex recipe with the help of the circuit network and then travel across the base to the unloading station or right to the assemblers where they are emptied and headed back to the loading.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Belt containers (yeah, again :)

Post by darkfrei »

Like car on the belt, but with 1x1 collision box?

Or like running box? viewtopic.php?f=97&t=43293

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Belt containers (yeah, again :)

Post by hitzu »

darkfrei wrote:Like car on the belt, but with 1x1 collision box?

Or like running box? viewtopic.php?f=97&t=43293
Like a car on the belt but with cool features.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”