options for limiting/removing different research

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ShadowBaneDH
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

options for limiting/removing different research

Post by ShadowBaneDH »

For example as some people request being able to disable Landfill, and now cliff explosives as well, but also being able to disable certain researchers (some or all unlimited, additional damage techs , stack sizes or shooting speed,bots,etc...)being able to reroute around some example turning off some of the rocket speed upgrades but still being able to launch/research rocket silo(or bots without flight)(could increase the science required to get the upgrades after the removed science, or removing the bonuses from certain researches every other unlimited, or steel picks, logistic bots)allowing for servers to prevent people from getting damage ++ to one shot players, or big-behemoth biters(keeping the game difficult, or preventing certain designs, like removing one of the inserts (would require a new craft recipes(Example:removing normal inserters(forcing to use all burners in the beginning) wile making the recipes for all the other inserters the same price by adding the prerecusit parts of the previous items to the new recipes.(or being as mean as to disable electric mining drills)
P.S. I know that would take a huge overhaul of the tech and crafting systems but is something to think about for a more verity in game play(allowing for more interesting scenarios, forcing oneself to achieve the un-achieved).
P.P.S I couldn't find another topic similar to this, have bad spelling I'm 17(lunched my first rocket yesterday after 28 hours of game-play in my first world(rich resorse))now playing with my younger siblings and friends.
P.P.P.S thought about this for a couple hours after reading the last few Friday facts, Thanks for this wonderful game (still in consent development)I hope this inspires someone. :D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”