Support for other LED control APIs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hyryel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Support for Logitech Gaming Assistant

Post by hyryel »

TL;DR
It would be super exiting to have my logitech G910 Keyboard to react to Factorio like the Razer keyboard.

What ?
Add the support of Logitech Gaming Assitant to make the keyboard react to Factorio event.
Perhaps, add an ARX plugin.
Why ?
Because it would be extra fun and really enjoyable.
And because I can do it for you if you want as I'm cpp developper and I have already done some project using this framework to light up my days !!

roothorick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Support for other LED control APIs

Post by roothorick »

TL;DR
Add support to control LEDs on keyboards by other manufacturers via additional APIs.
What ?
There's a lot more RGB keyboards than just Razer out there. Unfortunately, keyboard/mouse LED control is still a very fragmented thing with every vendor rolling their own API, which means unless you settle for only supporting one specific vendor you have to roll your own abstraction layer for connecting to all the various proprietary APIs.

Logitech: https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/developers
Roccat: https://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/G ... e/Talk-FX/
AlienFX (also supported by some Roccat devices): can't find a link for where to find the SDK...
libgaminggear (control most Roccat and some other keyboards under Linux): https://sourceforge.net/projects/libgaminggear/
Why ?
Bringing LED functionality to more devices (and therefore more players).

thisischrys
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Support for Logitech Gaming Assistant

Post by thisischrys »

So... why not do this as a mod?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Support for other LED control APIs

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into similar existing topic
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Support for Logitech Gaming Assistant

Post by DaCyclops »

I would love to see this go in, but there are just soooo many interfaces out there, that it would be unreasonable to ask for all of them. And at the very least, its lower priority than many of the other things being worked on.

There are some interesting options I can think of for gaming gear that is out there. I used to have a Logitech G15 with color screen, and image if when an attack alert goes off the screen showed a preview of that location? And of course, keyboard light feedback might break through the tunnel-vision with can be hit with.

thisischrys wrote:So... why not do this as a mod?
Unfortunately, the Factorio Modding interface is sandboxed, and its pretty much impossible for us to access a location outside the sandbox (in this case, your relevant keyboard or mouse api). Even the most "outside'y" thing we have (writing files) can only write to a VERY specific folder that's not part of any normal structure.

For mods to do this, they would still need to add the API to their game, and then instead of just linking seeX = doY, they would need to give us an interface to trigger doY ourselves when our own (likely more inefficient) code can seeX. Which is a lot of work to provide access to something thats not really going to be modded much.

pingger
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Support for other LED control APIs

Post by pingger »

Additional request for Roccat AIMO/AlienFX. I can provide the SDK for AlienFX (shipped with my Keyboard)

Greetings

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”