Belt gates

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Belt gates

Post by Mysteria9 »

I think it would be nice to have gates, or "belt blockers" for the belts. These would work like the smart inserters: if the condition is met, items on the belt will not be allowed to pass. If the condition is not met, it would act as a normal belt piece. This would further enhance the possibilities of the smart system, and it would also make me very happy. :)

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Belt gates

Post by MF- »

I would also be happy if we had those.

Maybe they could simply stop when the condition is not met. Just like the smart inserter.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

well, assuming you don't need speed you could (currently) just use a smart inserter in place of a belt...admitedly you'll have to set the filters.
But it would be faster to have belts that do this (or even extreme speed inserters...).

Kinda makes me wish that the electronic circuits could be used to upgrade things. Ex. you could place a regular inserter/belt and then add an electronic circuit to it in it's gui to make it faster (but maybe take a tiny bit of damage over time since you are overclocking it rather than using an inserter designed for speed) or an advanced circuit to give it filter options.
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

FreeER wrote:well, assuming you don't need speed you could (currently) just use a smart inserter in place of a belt...admitedly you'll have to set the filters.
But it would be faster to have belts that do this (or even extreme speed inserters...).

Kinda makes me wish that the electronic circuits could be used to upgrade things. Ex. you could place a regular inserter/belt and then add an electronic circuit to it in it's gui to make it faster (but maybe take a tiny bit of damage over time since you are overclocking it rather than using an inserter designed for speed) or an advanced circuit to give it filter options.
what about a siphon inserter? it would work like an inserter + scoop so instead of picking and dropping it scoops everything up and moves it to the other side, to work well it'd have to be side selectable i.e. left/right/center and then an advanced version that filters same as advanced inserters

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Dakkanor wrote:what about a siphon inserter? it would work like an inserter + scoop so instead of picking and dropping it scoops everything up and moves it to the other side, to work well it'd have to be side selectable i.e. left/right/center and then an advanced version that filters same as advanced inserters
I like this idea, I try to explain my ideas to that:

For me it makes only "logical"sense that you have to place it at the end of a belt, so the items get transported into it directly. And then the "siphon-inserter" can work like a "smart" splitter. Lets say Item A, B and C coming from the left. The siphon inserter outputs item A at the top-side, B on the right and C at the bottom. This should be editable via a small UI.

But maybe this will be possible with a splitter setup after the next gameupdate. You can read about the actual and upcoming behaviour of the splitter here:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=7&t=511

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”