Waypoint System

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Waypoint System

Post by Alien_Squasher »

We have trains, we have flying logistic bots, we have belts, but no trucks?

I know there is a mod for this by the name of AAI Automated Vehicles, but that system is too complex for the vast majority of people. So I'd like to suggest adding in trucks for carrying things, and having their automation work off of a waypoint system like you see in Red Alert 2.

In addition, if you added tank automation in with this you would have a system for auto biter clearing of a set area, removing an aspect of excessive combat in late game when you are essentially all but invulnerable. You could even consider throwing in a biter like AI system so that if set tanks will target biter nests if they're set up to do so.

I thought of this because right now, except in the very early game all that tanks are really good for are clearing trees. They can't even launch nukes, and their armor is weak. But if you have a full out battalion of 20 or so tanks going at it and gunning stuff down they suddenly have a use for automated biter removal.

All in all this would add to the game greatly because it would add another aspect of automation to a game dedicated to it :D
Hi. I kill Aliens :D

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

wpirobotbuilder
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Waypoint System

Post by wpirobotbuilder »

I like the idea of waypoints for player/car/tank movement. Automate your movement to a location so you, the gamer, can do something else (like scribble new designs on your notepad).

RTSes would use Ctrl-click or Shift-click to set movement waypoints, but maybe Factorio's WASD makes that impractical.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”