Teleporter

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Feurich13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Teleporter

Post by Feurich13 »

How about if there is a teleporter for items there so you do not need to lay miles of conveyor belts

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Teleporter

Post by ficolas »

Alredy sugested.

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

Already suggested. And that would kinda kill the entire purpose of this game, in my opinion.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Mysteria9 wrote:And that would kinda kill the entire purpose of this game, in my opinion.
Not necessarily. A kind of "protection" to avoid abuse could be build in. For example there have to be a distance of lets say 500 blocks between each teleporter (to prevent wormhole-instability ;) )
This can be very usefull when your near ore-deposits are depleted and you have to claim deposits far far away. In this case it wont be gamebreaking in my opinion.

Lukasecicek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lukasecicek »

And how about trains? Those are already in-game (but not hauling stuff right now)

I can imagine mining deposits far away, while making autoamted trains to go when full to the central base with goods/raw materials.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Lukasecicek wrote:And how about trains? Those are already in-game (but not hauling stuff right now)

I can imagine mining deposits far away, while making autoamted trains to go when full to the central base with goods/raw materials.
Yes, trains would really fit for the raw-resource-hauling task.
It's sad and silly that we have trains that cannot do that.

I guess we would need some sort of mass loading/unloading mechanisms.
I tried the "Car as a belt-portable storage" idea... It just takes so long for three fast insterters to move one stack...

But I guess I could do with two sets of train cars that I would swap between the loading and unloading stations OR probably just do it by hand.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Sure I prefer a train-system as well but actually placing a kilometer of belts == placing a kilometer of rails...

Also it depends on which kind of freeplay you play. If you play with large deposits spending time to connect the deposits with belts/ rails make more sense, but playing with small deposits means that you have to change your mining sites more frequently and in that case teleporters make mor sense.

Anyway, I just want to say that teleporter, correctly implemented, wont be gamebreaking. They can just work as an addition to trains or whatever.

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

drs9999 wrote:
Mysteria9 wrote:And that would kinda kill the entire purpose of this game, in my opinion.
Not necessarily. A kind of "protection" to avoid abuse could be build in. For example there have to be a distance of lets say 500 blocks between each teleporter (to prevent wormhole-instability ;) )
This can be very usefull when your near ore-deposits are depleted and you have to claim deposits far far away. In this case it wont be gamebreaking in my opinion.
I see your point. I do like the ideas about automatic freight trains better though! :)

Xisuma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xisuma »

I think this would be a nice idea for the player. walking long distances is annoying lol

Telarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Telarin »

Just a note: A bunch of logistic robots work quite well for bringing in ore from distant mining camps.

andzoak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by andzoak »

If consumption of power by teleporter will be very high, then teleporter doesn't kill rails and other transportation methods. When we add limit of distance it can be very expensive, so it could be used in the most important places.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

andzoak wrote:If consumption of power by teleporter will be very high, then teleporter doesn't kill rails and other transportation methods. When we add limit of distance it can be very expensive, so it could be used in the most important places.
or each teleport is paired up and needs constant power at huge rates to run, to the degree that the only feasible way would be to make large solar farms JUST for one teleporter.....

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Dakkanor wrote:
andzoak wrote:If consumption of power by teleporter will be very high, then teleporter doesn't kill rails and other transportation methods. When we add limit of distance it can be very expensive, so it could be used in the most important places.
or each teleport is paired up and needs constant power at huge rates to run, to the degree that the only feasible way would be to make large solar farms JUST for one teleporter.....
Did you really say "massive solar farm for getting massive *constant* amount of power"?

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

MF- wrote:Did you really say "massive solar farm for getting massive *constant* amount of power"?
shamefully i did, to rework the idea into something that makes more logical sense have it require a charge up-time and any interruption would reset this time, this would make the most viable time to be the middle of the day once solar panels have had time to charge it up and then have the remaining draw for the actual 'port

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”