Загрязнение водоемов/ / Water pollution.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

commandoby
Inserter
Inserter

Загрязнение водоемов/ / Water pollution.

Post by commandoby »

В трейлере игры, рядом с паровыми генераторами, находятся озера зеленого цвета. В самой игре я их не встречал. Почему бы не добавить механику загрязнения водоёмов? Постепенно водоемы будут приходить в негодность и игрокам придется искать новые источники воды, или доставлять железной дорогой.
-----------
In the trailer of the game, next to the steam generators, there are lakes of green color. In the game I did not meet them. Why not add mechanics to water pollution? Gradually, water bodies will become unusable and players will have to look for new water sources, or deliver them by rail.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Загрязнение водоемов/ / Water pollution.

Post by Tekky »

Yes, I like the idea of the player being required to transport water from far-away places.

Related suggestion thread that started four years ago but has more recent posts:
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=262 Water as limited ressource

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

I do like how Bob has dealt with water. It was divided into two forms - common (unclean) water and distilled water. The later needs to undergo a purification process. The same might be required to use polluted water - you might have to purify it first.

However there are processes that do not need pure water. For example steam generation. Water will evaporate no matter if its pure or not.

And I do not see anything that could really pollute water. You know that air pollution has nothing to do with it? You need to spill polluted water (as a waste from chemical process) into the lake to make it happen. And currently we do not have any such processes.

But overall I like the idea. This as well as dead trees can be a nice indication of presence of a heavy industry in the vicinity. The only problem here is the real implementation. As we know pollution is calculated on a per-chunk basis. And while we do not notice the edge where trees are dead vs living trees, the edge between blue/green water might be just waay too sharp. So there might be some kind of grades of water pollution. And to avoid the need of multiple sprites there is a way to implement "tint" for water tiles.

All this leads to another idea - of having different types of liquids in the form of lakes, having different colors. And you could mine them using offshore pump.

The_Mtn_Dew_Master
Inserter
Inserter

Post by The_Mtn_Dew_Master »

I agree on this because there the only way green water can be found or used is in the map editor and even then it has the same properties as normal water.

And also how would the water get polluted... maybe if a oil tank or pump could be destroyed and it leaks into the water or something including crude oil. That would make pollution more of a hazard because right now it only causes the natives to attack but other from that pollution does nothing to the player.
It will take some time to decide what my signature will be...

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

The devs put a lot of effort into slowly torturing and killing trees to fulfill their disturbing logging fetish. :D Why not do something similar for water? There are many cases IRL where heavy industry does BAD things to water. The local district once turned its nearby lakes white with garbage from the mills. Industrial runoff gave us the red tide, mercury fish, plastic tides and all sorts of coral extinction. It may even be killing our planet right now.

I dunno if there should be actual mechanics to go along with dirty water. Pollution levels don't really get that bad until the post-rocket age.

commandoby
Inserter
Inserter

Post by commandoby »

PacifyerGrey wrote:And I do not see anything that could really pollute water. You know that air pollution has nothing to do with it? You need to spill polluted water (as a waste from chemical process) into the lake to make it happen. And currently we do not have any such processes.
This can be a game convention.
The action takes place on an unknown planet. In the water can live bacteria that will pollute the water. Heavy particles can settle and accumulate in water and soil.

Dron__
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dron__ »

commandoby wrote:В трейлере игры, рядом с паровыми генераторами, находятся озера зеленого цвета. В самой игре я их не встречал. Почему бы не добавить механику загрязнения водоёмов? Постепенно водоемы будут приходить в негодность и игрокам придется искать новые источники воды, или доставлять железной дорогой.
-----------
In the trailer of the game, next to the steam generators, there are lakes of green color. In the game I did not meet them. Why not add mechanics to water pollution? Gradually, water bodies will become unusable and players will have to look for new water sources, or deliver them by rail.
Что то похожее я предлагал, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35889 было бы интересней с подобной механикой, потребовалось бы контролировать загрязнение воздуха, земли и воды.
Нужно только добавить что из повреждённой трубы текла бы жидкость (вода, нефть, серная кислота... и другие) постепенно скапливаясь в загрязненные водоёмы
----------
Something similar I suggested, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35889 would be more interesting with this mechanics, it would be necessary to control the pollution of air, land and water.
It is only necessary to add that from the damaged pipe, liquid would flow (water, oil, sulfuric acid ... and others) gradually accumulating and creating contaminated reservoirs with liquid
0.png
0.png (69.47 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
аналогично можно сделать для пара, газа или при возгорании газа
----------
similarly can be done for steam or gas
0.1.png
0.1.png (70.14 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
0.2.png
0.2.png (75.57 KiB) Viewed 2986 times

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”