Locking Inventory, and Toolbar blueprints

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Kresk42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Locking Inventory, and Toolbar blueprints

Post by Kresk42 »

Okay, I'm not usually really big on forums, so I'm not sure exactly how to post this, and I searched for another topic that was related to mine, but couldn't quite find one.

Locking Inventory-

I know in the early beta's, when you would MMB an item in your inventory, it would popup saying that it's not an option, but if you want it to be, let the creator's know. Well, I never did, kinda assumed someone else would.

Wouldn't that be amazing though? if you could say "leave at least one spot in my inventory for turrets, if my entire inventory is full of wood, make sure I have at least one spot to replace the turrets I'll need" I know theres an auto-sort system, so this may not be practical or easy, but if it's not too much work, my brother and I would love this.

Toolbar Blueprints -

I think you guys may already be working on this, I thought I saw it on Steam news, but I can't find it when I Ctrl+F for "toolbar"/"toolbelt". But having the Toolbar just with blueprints of items, not the actual items. Like, (hotkey 1) could be turret. If you were manually placing turrets, and ran out, you could hold down a key and place blueprints instead, without having to worry about your robots taking your last one. Put the inventory space that the Toolbar would normally give you, and put it into inventory. I'm pretty sure you guys mentioned this somewhere, but it's a really really good idea.

------
I know this may seem kind of half-done, but I never use forums, so forgive me >_<
I love this game, you guys are amazing!

-Kresk42

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Locking Inventory, and Toolbar blueprints

Post by ratchetfreak »

you mean all the things described in this FFF: https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-191

Kresk42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Locking Inventory, and Toolbar blueprints

Post by Kresk42 »

Yup, couldn't find that somehow. Appreciate it

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”