minimum stack size on inserter

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

YookoS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

minimum stack size on inserter

Post by YookoS »

Hey everyone,

i saw many suggestion close to that, but nothing that was "just set a minimum", so... when its possible to set the maximum stack size a inserter can use, it would be nice to have the same option for a minimum stack size.

greetings,
Yooko

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: minimum stack size on inserter

Post by Tekky »

I am unable to think of any situation where it would be advantageous if your suggestion were implemented. Maybe you would like to elaborate?

YookoS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: minimum stack size on inserter

Post by YookoS »

Tekky wrote:Maybe you would like to elaborate?
for sure: after i read the reddit post UPS Testing 2 - Everything you want to know about Inserter Clocking. i was thinking about it and in my mind, it was cool. But why i need such a inserter clock? Because stack inserter start putting the items on the belt or in the chest, when they can grab them. this can be 1 or 2, but mostly the inserter never wait to the point, where they get a full hand / certain amount of items. so, it can be usefull in smelting arrays or if you want, that your robots always picking up the hole amount they can carry.

okay, on the one hand, it is "just" a ups optimization, on the other hand, why can we set the maximum amount but not the minimum?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”