Ideas For The Ending

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Interceptor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Ideas For The Ending

Post by Interceptor »

Hi there! I've copied and pasted this post from steam to receive max feedback from you guys :D

I've been playing Factorio for quite a long time and I know the ending isn't quite satisfactory and still in progress.

So here's my suggestion on how the game could end in different ways:

Your first goal is to launch that satellite in orbit (Just like it is now) so you can communicate with other people to come rescue you. You will be then instructed on how the rescue is going to happen: Either you build yourself a bigger rocket which allows you to get in and be rescued in orbit (WIll require more time and lots of ressource), or you clear a landing site for them and place a beacon. (They will send you the 2 Blueprints and you'll have to build either of them)

For the latter, you'll be assigned to clear a specific perimeter somewhere random on the map so they have enough "safe space" from the aliens to perform a landing. This will be achieved by destroying spawners in that marked area and fortify that position and place a beacon so they know that you're ready (The beacon will only activate if no biter and no spawner are in the specific location).

After that a countdown of perhaps 15 minutes will activate and the aliens nearby will be attracted by that signal and attack you heavily (This will require some power management since there are day night cycles). You will have to hold out and secure the place till the help arrives. The countdown shouldn't be canceled once activated if there are biters in the vincinity since your task will be to protect the beacon at all cost which will be difficult enough. If you hold out you win, if not you'll have to do it again and reinforce it more or switch to the rocket rescue ending.

I hope you enjoyed reading this suggestion and I'm open to criticism and questions from you guys :)
Last edited by Interceptor on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Ideas For An Alternative Ending

Post by eradicator »

I kinda like the "clear a landing zone and defend it" idea (so much that i might steal it for a personal scenario :P). But i'm not sure how this would fit into endless/sandbox game. If you just got rescused from the planet then why the fuck are you still there? On the other hand getting "space science" from rockets isn't realistic or logical either...so, why not :)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Interceptor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Interceptor »

eradicator wrote:I kinda like the "clear a landing zone and defend it" idea (so much that i might steal it for a personal scenario :P). But i'm not sure how this would fit into endless/sandbox game. If you just got rescused from the planet then why the fuck are you still there? On the other hand getting "space science" from rockets isn't realistic or logical either...so, why not :)
Good point concerning the endless / sandbox mode but nobody forces you to launch the satellite in the first place ;). What do you mean by stealing it? Are you a modder :D ?

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Come rescue you? Dear god no. After all the genocide of a presentient species I've committed (which I feel surely must be a serious crime) I launch a satellite to broadcast a message laying claim to the planet and warning that anyone who trespasses will get nuked into oblivion.

Interceptor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Ideas For The Ending

Post by Interceptor »

BlakeMW wrote:Come rescue you? Dear god no. After all the genocide of a presentient species I've committed (which I feel surely must be a serious crime) I launch a satellite to broadcast a message laying claim to the planet and warning that anyone who trespasses will get nuked into oblivion.
Hahahaha that would also be an idea :D. I think multiple endings are good but I thought that my proposed ending would make the most sense for this game.

Also I'd like to point out that you're only killing those aliens to survive which isn't considered as a crime (except if you're a sick man and try to whipe them completly out, but who will be able to prove that? ;))

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Interceptor wrote: Also I'd like to point out that you're only killing those aliens to
... build the universe's largest personal train set and see how many rockets a minute you can launch.

Interceptor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Interceptor »

BlakeMW wrote:
Interceptor wrote: Also I'd like to point out that you're only killing those aliens to
... build the universe's largest personal train set and see how many rockets a minute you can launch.
Although I admire your humor, I'd like to return to the topic if you would be so kind troll? ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”