Oil tanks look cool. Let's get a big storage also for items!

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dreepa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Oil tanks look cool. Let's get a big storage also for items!

Post by Dreepa »

Everytime I build the refinery stuff, I really think it's super cool looking.
And then I always want a big storage building for items as well, that works like the fluid-tank for liquids.

It just looks stupid to only use little chests as storage. Work arounds are using a cargo wagon, I know. But still, that is not feeling right. So how about we get a 2x2 or 4x4 storage building?

Something like this maybe:

http://olympiaministorage.com/storage-building-13.htm

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Oil tanks look cool. Let's get a big storage also for items!

Post by mrvn »

Lots of mods out there for that. 2x2 large wooden chests, ore silos, warehouses. Take your pick.

And as you mention using cargo wagons I assume you want large in size and not large in storage. Well, the mods give you both. The larger size tends to come with larger storage. I like warehouses (6x6 large) for high throughput train stations. No need to balance 6 chests per cargo wagon. Just stuff it all into one warehouse per wagon.

Dreepa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dreepa »

Thanks for the info. Though I usually try to not use mods. Makes multiplayer harder, introduces management overhead, and might cause bugs and instabilities.
Having said that, I once spent 2 weeks just modding Skyrim into the abyss. :) And currently running Oblivion heavily modded. (Including crashes :( )

However, developing games for quite some time myself, I always related to the base game most. It is what the designer intended for me and how they envisioned their game. :)

But thanks!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Well, modded chests just set the size, storage and image to use. No scripts involved usually. Should be save.

Adding mods to multiplayer is a pain though. I seriously hope they add something to 0.16 to fetch mods from the server in multiplayer.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”