Killing Biters with Rockets

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Migdalin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Killing Biters with Rockets

Post by Migdalin »

(a) Add a slot to the rocket for nuclear bombs. (b) When the rocket launches, it drops the nukes on biter bases, prioritizing by their proximity to player structures. The biter bases would need to be at least revealed on the map, though not necessarily under direct radar coverage.

The motivation is that killing biters becomes tedious, even with nukes, destroyer bots, etc. The circumference increases six times faster than the radius of a circle. Which means that by the third or fourth time you expand your base, you've got hundreds of nests to take out. Having some more automated way to eliminate the biters would be most welcome.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Killing Biters with Rockets

Post by eradicator »

Sounds like https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/MIRV (haven't tested that myself yet).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Might I interest you in some Orbital Ion Cannons? Available now!

(Note: Supercheese Industries cannot be held responsible for any accidental deaths due to "danger-close" activations of Orbital Ion Cannons.)

n7m6e7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by n7m6e7 »

Supercheese wrote:Might I interest you in some Orbital Ion Cannons? Available now!

(Note: Supercheese Industries cannot be held responsible for any accidental deaths due to "danger-close" activations of Orbital Ion Cannons.)

Yea. And you do realize a nuke from a missed silo has a blast radius of around 8km. ( I assume the tiles are one meter, so 8,000 tile radius. ) ...so ion cannon would be a safer bet.
There are no absolutes. I live knowing I could always be wrong, but with confidence that I could also be right.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

And here we are discussing nuke strikes, when we could have something even better.
Orbital laser cannon!
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

wpirobotbuilder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wpirobotbuilder »

eradicator wrote:Sounds like https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/MIRV (haven't tested that myself yet).
Oh man that looks fantastic. I think it fits in the overall game much better than the ion cannon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”