New "enemies"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sweetabyss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

New "enemies"

Post by sweetabyss »

My suggestion isn't about new mobs that will come to attack you over the pollution. Instead I'd like to suggest someone or something else on the planet building up a simple automated factory probably causing their fair share of pollution, not to escape but to make use of the bountiful resources the planet has for the profit of a corporation. This other "sentient" NPC would start off ignoring you without you provoking them or "stealing" things from their base, they would eventually grow hostile towards you the longer you're there, making it so you have to deal with them raiding your base or sneakily running through grabbing things off your belts.. However since they are also causing pollution they would also have to deal with biter attacks so to avoid them plowing down your walls with a tank they could make requests of you to "Deal with the local infestation" and possibly get some sort of reward for doing it. Having them also opens up basic concepts of trade and commerce as well.

Biters are an okay threat early on but a few turrets and maybe a wall are all it takes to protect everything and since they no longer give anything for killing them going out to actively hunt them is pointless. I feel this idea would not only fix both of those issues but also introduce some new aspects that could be explored to veteran players, giving you a more pressing threat while at the same time making it more worthwhile to hunt down biters at later sections of the game, and giving the possibility of trade. I do recognize this could essentially be achieved by playing multiplayer, but that brings about a whole slew of issues dealing with connectivity and lag which having my internet would be bad.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New "enemies"

Post by Jap2.0 »

Have you tried multiplayer? How bad is your internet? Multiplayer actually works quite well.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

sweetabyss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sweetabyss »

I've not done multiplayer yet, honestly I would have already but I lack 2 of the things to really enjoy it, A) decent internet, and B) friends. My internet isn't that bad but when everyone is home the bandwidth is sucked up by everyone else so I can't do much. I'm not sure multiplayer would really be quite what I'm thinking about either, since I'm not thinking of something quite that smart.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Ah, okay. Unfortunately there aren't any AI people at the moment.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

Jap2.0 wrote:Ah, okay. Unfortunately there aren't any AI people at the moment.
Irony, probably the best thing I've seen in days ;)
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”